CDPR has been pushing some pretty sweet video content recently, check out all the awesome faction videos below!
I’ve been hard at work getting everything buttoned up on the site, and I feel like we’re now in a pretty good spot. There’s still work to be done, but here are some of the new updates:
The fine people at Gwentlemen were really on the ball and got new ratings and descriptions on all of the Legendary cards to me right as Open Beta hit. The tool is now up-to-date and will hopefully help you make the right choice if you are lucky enough to get offered a Legendary card!
Deck Page Update
By popular demand I made the deck pages more accurately match the deck builder in the game. You now have both the visual format and the list format on every deck page!
My apologies for being late with these changes, but you can now sort decks by Leader or only include decks with certain cards.
There was a bit of a bug with some of the card counts in the collection manager profile, but that has been fixed! If you are just coming back to Gwentify, you can reset your collection from this page!
- I’m going to be adding the ability to sort cards in the deck builder by keyword/mechanic.
- Notifications are coming! This is something I added to Hearthstone Top Decks recently. If your deck receives a comment, or one of your comments receive a reply you will receive a notification in your profile. It will also display the number of notifications you haven’t read on the navigation!
- You should also be on the look out for some new content coming soon!
Let me know if you have any suggestions for the site, and I’ll try to make them happen!
I’m taking notes on some of the big changes and additions coming to Gwent!
Stream is over, I’m going through the VOD to pick out any other new cards or information I might have missed.
- All cards will have premium versions when the open beta is released.
- New Currency coming to Gwent: Meteorite Powder – will be used to upgrade your cards to premium version.
- You get Meteorite Powder from milling premium cards, leveling up, rank up rewards, or you can purchase it.
- Starter decks are getting an upgrade to be more useful to new players. 6 Silver cards and 4 Gold cards will be included in each one.
- Tutorials have been replaced with Challenges. You can get rewards for completing each one and you are rewarded with that specific leader when you complete their challenges.
- You can unlock each current and future Leader from the Challenge mode!
- Challenges should last you 5 hours.
- Faction abilities have been removed from the game!
- The abilities have been added to some of the cards in the game.
- An additional mulligan has been added to turn two and three. You can replace one card at the beginning of each round.
- Leaders can now spawn copies of themselves on the board.
- You can auto-mute your opponent’s in the settings.
- Weather cards can now be on any row and have different control type effects.
- Armor is a new ability that gives cards more health but without adding strength.
- Ally: A Unit on your side of the Board.
- Ambush: Play face down and only reveal when certain conditions are met.
- Boost: Increase a Unit’s current Power.
- Clash: Trigger this ability only if neither player has passed.
- Consume: Destroy a card (or Banish it, if it is in the Graveyard) and Boost the Consuming Unit by its Power.
- Craven: Trigger this ability if your opponent is losing the current round.
- Damage: Decrease a Unit’s current Power.
- Deploy: Trigger this ability when the card is placed on the board.
- Destroy: Move the card to the Graveyard.
- Discard: Move the card to the Graveyard from the Hand or Deck.
- Draw: Move the top card or cards from your Deck to your Hand.
- Effort: Perform the specified action for every card targeted by the preceding ability.
- Enemy: A Unit on your opponent’s side of the Board.
- Highest: The Unit with the highest Power. Ties are resolved randomly.
- Orders: Trigger this ability when your Leader card is played (but before the Leader’s ability is resolved).
- Resilient: A Resilient Unit remains on the Board at the end of the Round.
- Resurrect: Play a card from the Graveyard.
- Reveal: Turn a card or cards in the Hand over, exposing them to both players.
- Spawn: add the card to the game and play it.
- Spring: Reveal a face down Ambush card and trigger its ability.
- Spying: A Unit is Spying when it is on the opposite side of the Board from the player who played it.
- Strengthen: Increase a Unit’s base Power.
- Summon: Play the specified card(s) from your Deck.
- Timer: Reduce the Timer by 1 every turn. Trigger the ability when it reaches 0 (at the beginning or end of the turn).
- Transform: Convert into a different card.
- Turn Start: This card’s ability triggers at the start of its current owner’s turn.
- Veteran: Trigger this ability at the start of Rounds 2 and 3 when this card is in the Hand, Deck or Graveyard.
- Weaken: Decrease a Unit’s base Power.
- Eredin – 6 Str – Deploy: Spawn a Bronze Wild Hunt Unit.
- Unseen Elder – 4 Str – Deploy: Consume 3 Allies, but Strengthen this Unit by their Power instead of Boosting it.
- Dagon – 7 Str – Deploy: Spawn Biting Frost, Impenetrable Fog, or Torrential Rain.
- Morvran Voorhis – 6 Str – Deploy: Reveal up to 3 cards from either player’s Hand.
- King Bran – 3 Str – Discard 3 cards from your Deck (including Golds) and Strengthen Units among them by 1.
- Emhyr var Emeries – 3 Str – Deploy: Return an Ally to your hand, then play a card from your Hand.
- Eithne – 5 Str – Deploy: Resurrect a Special card from your Graveyard.
- John Calveit – 4 Str – deploy: Look at the top 3 cards in your Deck. Play 1 and place the others back.
This is just a brief look at some of the changes, there’s so many that it’s hard to keep track.
- King of Beggars – 15 Str, Ranged – Deploy: If you are winning, Weaken this Unit enough to tie the Round or to a minimum 5 base Power.
- Saskia – 7 Str, Any Row – Orders: Summon this Unit.
- Ithlinne – 2 Str, Any Row/Disloyal – Deploy: Play a Bronze Special card from your Deck, then Spawn a copy of it.
- Aglais – 10 Str, Any Row – Deploy: You may Resurrect a Special card from your opponent’s Graveyard. Effort: Weaken self by 4.
- Ocvist – 6 Str, Siege – Timer 4: Turn Start: Damage all Enemies by 1, then return this Unit to your Hand and Transform it into Exhausted Ocvist.
- Treason – Play the bottom card from your opponent’s Deck.
- Xarthisius – Deploy: Look at the top 3 cards of your opponent’s Deck (including Golds). You may choose 1 and place it at the bottom of their Deck.
- Restore: Return a unit from your Graveyard to your Hand, then Discard a card.
- Avallac’h (Neutral) – 10 Str, Any Row – Deploy: Clash: Draw 2 cards (including Golds).
- Yennefer: The Conjurer – 4 Str, Any Row – Turn Start: Damage the Highest Enemy/Enemies by 1.
- Kayran – 10 Str, Any Row – Deploy: Consume a Unit from your Hand, then Boost self by an additional 5.
Video Explaining Meteorite Powder
Weather Card Changes
It looks like Gwent Open Beta is coming on May 24th, 2017 on PC, Xbox One, and Playstation 4!
Closed beta will be coming to an end on May 22nd, which means your card collection and progress will be removed. You will receive kegs based on how far you progressed and how many kegs you opened, check out more information here.
Scheduled to begin May 24th, Public Beta will be available for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.“Public Beta is the next step in the game’s development process, one that we’d be honored to continue alongside everyone who’s been with us thus far,” said Benjamin Lee, Development Director at CD PROJEKT RED. “It’s also a chance for many new gamers to play GWENT for the first time and we’re looking forward to making the game even better with their help,” added Lee.Watch the Public Beta overview live on the official CD PROJEKT RED Twitch channelThe stream will begin today (May 17th) at 9PM CESTGWENT’s Public Beta is a fresh start for everyone. Card collections and player progress will reset to ensure gamers begin on equal footing. Everyone who participated in the Closed Beta will receive Card Kegs, as well as other in-game rewards for their activity. Additional information regarding Closed Beta participation rewards is available here.The switch from Closed to Public Beta will entail a short technical transition period starting May 22nd. Until the start of Public Beta on May 24th, game servers will be offline for maintenance. During this time, GWENT’s Facebook and Twitter channels will provide updates on the game’s status.More information about Public Beta, as well as GWENT in general, is available in the FAQ section of playgwent.com.
Gwent just got a Hotfix that improves the game’s overall performance as well as updating how HenseltSpawn: Henselt Deploy: Summon all copies of a Bronze Ally. and PromoteChoose 3 adjacent units on your side. Convert all non-Gold units among them to Gold until removed from the battlefield or the round ends. work with the positioning patch.
We’ve just released a small update for GWENT on PC and Xbox One, which improves the game’s overall performance and stability.
The update also adjusts the Henselt and Promote cards to work with positioning recently introduced to the game. You’ll find their updated tooltips below.
Choose 7 adjacent units on your side. Convert all non-Gold units among them to Gold until removed from the battlefield or the round ends.
Choose 3 adjacent units on your side. Convert all non-Gold units among them to Gold until removed from the battlefield or the round ends.
See you on the battlefield!
There will also be a Playstation 4 Technical Beta which will allow you test out Gwent if you are a PS4 user. This is basically a stress test of sorts where they try to find any bugs when the server is given a heavier load.
We would like to announce a weekend-long PlayStation 4 Technical Beta for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game.
If you want to check out GWENT on your PlayStation 4 you can do so starting Friday, March 31st, 19:00 CEST. The Technical Beta will end on Monday, April 3rd, 08:00 CEST. During that time players will be able to create their own decks, check out the tutorial and participate in online casual matches. The game will be available for download from PlayStation Store.
If you experience any problems during the technical beta do not hesitate to contact our tech support team at: [email protected]
More information about the Technical Beta is available in the official FAQ:
Q: How can I access GWENT: The Witcher Card Game PlayStation 4 Technical Beta?
A: The only thing you need to do is enter PlayStation Store and download GWENT: The Witcher Card Game Technical Beta.
Q: When will the Technical Beta be live?
A: The Technical Beta will be launched on March 31st, 19:00 CEST and end on April 3rd at 8:00 CEST.
Q: What regions are participating in the Technical Beta?
A: The Technical Beta is available in Europe, North America and South America.
Q: What game features and functionalities will be available in the Technical Beta build?
A: The Technical Beta build will allow players to create their own decks, play the tutorial and online casual matches.
Q: What’s the purpose of the PlayStation Technical Beta?
A: The Technical Beta’s purpose is to test how the game works on PlayStation 4 with many users playing simultaneously. Technical glitches are possible, but the game is already fun!
Q: Is there any chance you’ll extend Technical Beta tests?
A: We’re not planning to extend the Technical Beta.
Q: Is PlayStation Plus required to participate?
A: A PlayStation Plus subscription is not required to participate in the Technical Beta.
Q: Can gamers purchase in-game items like Card Kegs during the Technical Beta?
A: Real currency purchases are not available in the Technical Beta.
Q: Are you planning to wipe progress made while playing the Technical Beta?
A: After Technical Beta is concluded, GWENT Technical Beta accounts will be deleted.
Q: What language versions are available in the Technical Beta?
A: The Technical Beta is available in: English, German, Russian, French, Brazilian-Portuguese, Spanish, Latin American-Spanish, Italian and Polish.
Q: Can I share in-game screenshots and video footage?
A: We’d be very happy if you did! However, please remember that this is still an early version of the game, so some bugs and glitches might occur. We’d be very grateful if you mentioned that what you’re posting is Technical Beta footage.
Q: How much HDD space will I need to install the Technical Beta build of GWENT?
A: You’ll need about 3GB of free space to install the Technical Beta build of GWENT.
Q: Do I need internet connection to participate in the Technical Beta?
A: Internet connection is required to play.
Q: Can I get Trophies for playing the Technical Beta?
A: While Trophies will be available in the final game, you will not receive any for playing the Technical Beta build.
Q: How can I report a bug or contact tech support?
A: In order to report a bug or any issue with the game, please reach out to our technical support here: [email protected]
The new Positioning Patch is now live! You can now choose where to position a minion on a row, along with this huge change there was a ton of other card changes which are listed below in the patch notes.
- New Game Board: The game board has been changed to make it more legible and accessible.
- Move History: Players can now review which cards have been played over the course of the match.
- New Card Laying Mechanic: Card positioning has taken on a new dimension. Players can now choose
exactly where on a row to play their cards, and many abilities now refer to a card’s relative
position on the row.
- Taunt System: Players can now communicate with each other using predefined “taunts” spoken by
- Thunderbolt Potion now lets you choose 3 adjacent units and buffs all non-Gold units among them
- Dimeritium Bomb now affects 5 adjacent units (positioning).
- Commander’s Horn now lets you choose 5 adjacent units and buffs all non-Gold units among them
- Geralt: Aard changed to Ranged.
- Geralt: Aard now lets you choose 3 adjacent units on the opposing Melee or Ranged row and affects
all non-Gold units among them (positioning).
- First Light changed to Fleeting. Clear Skies or Rally go to the graveyard instead.
- Field Marshal Duda: Agitator now counts as a Token (spawned) unit.
- Field Marshal Duda: Agitator now has the Fleeting tag.
- Field Marshal Duda: Companion now counts as a Token (spawned) unit.
- Field Marshal Duda: Companion now has the Fleeting tag.
- Unicorn now counts as a Token (spawned) unit.
- Unicorn now has the Fleeting tag.
- Chironex now counts as a Token (spawned) unit.
- Chironex now has the Fleeting tag.
- Roach is now summoned before Kayran’s ability is resolved.
- Lambert strength changed from 6 to 5.
- Eskel strength changed from 6 to 5.
- Clear Skies now removes all Weather effects on the battlefield.
- Cyprian Wiley now only deals 3 base damage to an opposing non-Gold unit. No effect when removed
- Ciri: Dash strength changed from 9 to 8.
- Unicorn no longer affects Gold units.
- Chironex no longer affects Gold units.
- Stammelford’s Tremors now deal 2 damage to 6 random opposing non-Gold units (if available).
- Thunderbolt Potion no longer gives Witchers an additional buff.
- Swallow Potion no longer gives Witchers an additional buff.
- Dimeritium Shackles now lock the units they affect but do not reset them to base strength.
- Renew can no longer resurrect Permadeath units.
- Mustered/spawned units now appear to the right of the summoning card (positioning).
- Quen now protects from changes to base strength.
- Triss Merigold can no longer target Gold units.
- Manticore Venom now lets you choose 3 adjacent units and deals damage to non-Gold units among
- “All abilities that lock units can also be used to unlock units. Note that unlocking does not
bring back Tokens the unit had before being locked. Exceptions: Radovid, Assassination”
- The Blizzard Potion is now a choice card. You choose between two cards, one applying Weather
Immunity, the other removing it.
- Rally now draws the top Bronze unit from your deck.
- Field Marshal Duda: Companion strength changed from 3 to 1.
- Field Marshal Duda: Companion now affects non-Gold units within 4 spaces to the left
- Field Marshal Duda: Agitator strength changed from 3 to 1.
- Field Marshal Duda: Agitator now affects non-Gold units within 4 spaces to the left
- Cleaver strength changed from 5 to 6.
- Johnny now banishes the chosen card instead of putting it on the bottom of the deck.
- Cyprian Wiley strength changed from 5 to 7.
- Ragh nar Roog now removes 2 base strength from 8 random opposing non-Gold units.
- Mardroeme: Mutagen now resets target unit to a base strength increased by 2 relative to its
- Mardroeme: Spores now resets target unit to a base strength decreased by 2 relative to its
- Villentretenmerth now has the Permadeath tag.
- Villentretenmerth strength changed from 7 to 4.
- Yennefer: The Conjurer strength changed from 5 to 4.
- Operator strength changed from 6 to 8.
- Dun Banner Heavy Cavalry is now promoted at the end of the second turn after being played.
- Philippa ability changed: she now gives you the option of playing a Special Card from your hand,
then drawing a card.
- Lubberkin now counts as a Token (spawned) unit.
- Lubberkin now has the Fleeting tag.
- Botchling now counts as a Token (spawned) unit.
- Botchling now has the Fleeting tag.
- Field Medic strength changed from 2 to 4.
- Kaedweni Siege Expert will no longer lose strength when units with the Machine tag are played.
- Kaedweni Siege Expert strength changed from 5 to 4.
- Dethmold can now banish a card from either graveyard.
- Triss: Butterfly Spell strength changed from 4 to 6.
- Keira ability changed: she now sets the unit on her right’s strength to that of the unit on her
left (if both are non-Gold).
- Radovid ability changed: he now lets you choose 3 adjacent units and locks and deals 2 base
damage to all non-Gold units among them (positioning).
- John Natalis now buffs units one after the other — meaning he can buff the same unit multiple
- Dijkstra strength changed from 5 to 1.
- Dijkstra ability changed: he now plays a Gold card from your deck.
- Margarita now spawns Aretuza Adepts instead of Ban Ard Adepts.
- Pavetta now only destroys the weakest unit(s) once.
- Removed the Relentless tag from Triss: Butterfly Spell.
- Dijkstra is now Disloyal.
- Reinforced Trebuchet strength changed from 5 to 4.
- Reinforced Trebuchet’s countdown changed from 3 turns to 1 turn.
- Reinforced Trebuchet’s damage changed from 2 to 1.
- Vernon Roche can now target units on your side as well.
- Shani strength changed from 3 to 2.
- John Natalis’ buff values changed to 3, 2 and 1, respectively.
- John Natalis strength changed from 5 to 6.
- Botchling strength changed from 4 to 5.
- Dandelion strength changed from 3 to 5.
- Priscilla now draws one of the cards face-down.
- Triss: Butterfly Spell now adds 2 strength to all non-Gold units in your hand.
- Thaler strength changed from 6 to 8.
- Dijkstra is now Agile.
- Poor Infantry strength changed from 2 to 3.
- Redanian Elite strength changed from 6 to 7.
- Monsters Faction ability can now only keep Eredin and units played from your hand (meaning it
will not keep mustered/spawned/resurrected/etc. units).
- Vran Warrior now consumes the unit on its left (positioning).
- Draug strength changed from 6 to 7.
- Removed the Breedable tag from Nekkers.
- Whispess strength changed from 7 to 6.
- Woodland Spirit strength changed from 7 to 8.
- Weavess strength changed from 7 to 6.
- Fire Elemental strength changed from 5 to 6.
- Celaeno Harpy strength changed from 3 to 5.
- Nithral strength changed from 6 to 8.
- Ice Giant is now also buffed when played onto a row with Frost.
- Harpy strength changed from 3 to 4.
- Imlerith now deals 3 damage to a non-Gold unit and 1 damage to any non-Gold units adjacent to it
- Draug ability changed: it now deals 1 damage 7 times to random opposing non-Gold units.
- Ge’els’ ability changed: he now adds 2 strength to each non-Gold unit on your side.
- Golem strength changed from 6 to 7.
- Katakan strength changed from 6 to 4.
- Vran Warrior strength changed from 5 to 6.
- Succubus strength changed from 8 to 7.
- Griffin strength changed from 6 to 7.
- Woodland Spirit now only spawns Fog on the player’s side.
- Removed Relentless tag from Aglaïs.
- Hawker Healer now buffs adjacent units (positioning).
- Toruviel now adds 2 strength to all units within 2 spaces when revealed (positioning).
- Hawker Smuggler’s ability now triggers after certain abilities, such as Lock, are resolved.
- Mahakam Defender strength changed from 4 to 5.
- Mahakam Defender’s Resilience now only lasts 1 round.
- Hawker Smuggler’s ability is no longer triggered by Gold cards.
- Hawker Smuggler strength changed from 5 to 4.
- Saskia strength changed from 9 to 7.
- Zoltan Chivay strength changed from 5 to 8.
- Zoltan Chivay’s Resilience now only lasts for 1 round.
- Barclay Els’ ability no longer affects Gold units.
- Iorveth can no longer target Gold units.
- Vrihedd Sapper strength changed from 4 to 8.
- Vrihedd Sapper’s ability is now an Ambush, triggered after 2 turns.
- Dol Blathanna Trapper now deals 5 damage to adjacent units when revealed (positioning).
- Milva strength changed from 7 to 8.
- Ithlinne now lets you choose 3 adjacent units and locks or unlocks non-Gold units among them
- Iorveth can now also target units on your side.
- Hawker Support strength changed from 3 to 6.
- Hawker Support buff value changed from 3 to 2.
- Malena base strength changed from 6 to 8.
- Iorveth changed to Ranged.
- Aglaïs changed to Siege.
- Isengrim changed to Ranged.
- Ithlinne changed to Ranged.
- Iorveth strength changed from 6 to 7.
- Cow Carcass spawned by Rot Tosser now triggers at the end of the second round after appearing.
- Auckes strength changed from 7 to 8.
- Joachim De Wett now buffs the unit he plays before it is placed on the battlefield.
- Black Infantry Arbalest strength changed from 5 to 4.
- Nauzicaa Standard Bearer now buffs adjacent units (positioning).
- Cantarella strength changed from 6 to 12.
- Cantarella now loses 6 base strength when not Spying.
- Impera Enforcers’ ability now triggers before the Leader ability is resolved.
- Spotter changed to Ranged.
- Letho now banishes units within two spaces (positioning).
- Impera Brigade’s buff value changed from 3 to 2.
- Assassination no longer does any damage to your units.
- When Cantarella draws a card, you now select it if you want to keep it.
- Cahir ability changed: he now reactivates only your Leader’s ability and lets your opponent draw
a revealed Bronze card. He does nothing if your opponent has passed.
- Cynthia’s ability now does nothing if your opponent has passed.
- Albrich’s ability now does nothing if your opponent has passed.
- Vattier de Rideaux strength changed from 7 to 8.
- Impera Brigade now also gets buffed when you play a Spying unit after the Brigade is already on
- Emissary now has you draw the top 2 Bronze units in your deck. You play one and shuffle the other
into your deck.
- Fake Ciri strength changed from 3 to 6.
- Rot Tosser strength changed from 4 to 6.
- Assassination now also locks its target.
- Tibor Eggebracht now makes your opponent draw the top Bronze card in their deck.
- Clan Dimun Pirate Captain is now buffed when you discard a unit while it is in your deck, hand or
on the battlefield.
- Donar An Hindar ability changed to: “Immune to Weather. Draw a card. You may keep it, or discard
it and draw another.”
- Restoration no longer resurrects Permadeath units.
- Harald the Cripple now deals 2 damage to all opposing non-Gold units.
- Clan Heymaey Skald now buffs adjacent units (positioning).
- War Longship now triggers only when units are discarded.
- Clan Tordarroch Armorsmith now resets weakened units within 4 spaces to the left (positioning).
- Lord of Undvik now counts as a Token (spawned) unit.
- Hemdall now has the Fleeting tag.
- Hemdall now counts as a Token (spawned) unit.
- Craven Revived now has the Fleeting tag.
- Craven Revived now counts as a Token (spawned) unit.
- Lord of Undvik now has the Fleeting tag.
- Spirit Whale now counts as a Token (spawned) unit.
- Spirit Whale now has the Fleeting tag.
- Drummond Shieldmaiden’s copies are now played to the right of the original (positioning).
- Holger Blackhand strength changed from 4 to 6.
- Wild Boar of the Sea strength changed from 8 to 6.
- Wild Boar of the Sea ability changed: he now deals 3, then 2, then 1 damage to non-Gold unit(s).
- War Longship strength changed from 5 to 4.
- Birna Bran strength changed from 12 to 10.
- Birna Bran now draws 2 cards instead of 3.
- Cerys is now buffed by Queensguard even when locked (whether in the graveyard or on the
- Morkvarg strength changed from 7 to 6.
- Djenge Frett strength changed from 6 to 8.
- Clan An Craite Warriors now lose 1 strength instead of 2 when played.
- Berserker Marauder strength changed from 4 to 7.
- Raging Berserker strength changed from 4 to 6.
- Raging Bear strength changed from 8 to 11.
- Queensguard strength changed from 2 to 3.
- King Bran no longer buffs the units he discards.
- Rearranged the basic decks in the Deck Selection screen.
- Removed tags from Leaders.
- Various tooltip fixes.
- Fixed an issue whereby Alba Spearmen were damaged by Savage Bear or Fireball Trap before gaining
- Fixed an issue causing cards with 0 base strength to remain in the middle of the board after
using Decoy on them.
- Clarified the interaction of cards with the deck (drawing and shuffling)
- Fixed an issue whereby Yennefer: The Conjurer would deal damage from the graveyard after being
destroyed with Cow Carcass.
- Fixed an issue whereby Foglets did not count as destroyed when leaving/clearing Fog.
- Fixed an issue whereby An Craite Raiders discarded by Ermion wouldn’t trigger certain cards such
as War Longship or Clan Dimun Pirate Captain.
- Fixed an issue whereby Ermion’s ability wouldn’t work when you had 1 card left in your hand.
- Fixed an issue whereby War Longship’s ability wouldn’t trigger when Ermion discarded a Special
Card and a unit.
- Lock now blocks Morkvarg and Ciri: Dash’s abilities.
- Units buffed in the deck now have their strength reset correctly when moved to the graveyard.
- Fixed an issue whereby Lock wasn’t visible in the graveyard and Olgierd and Roach would ignore
- Fixed an issue whereby the Reward Notifications/Spoils of War screen wouldn’t show for some
- Fixed an issue whereby Morkvarg’s art would get corrupted after being destroyed by
- Fixed an “Unknown Error” from appearing when buying too many kegs.
- Fixed an issue whereby some card art would be swapped with art for other cards.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes resulted in new cards not being added to the Collection
- Sound should no longer glitch when the audio device is set to a sample rate higher than 96kHz.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when closing the app via the ‘X’ button.
- Fixed an issue whereby the “Stop Searching” button would sometimes not work.
- Fixed the Tutorial messages according to the latest design changes.
- Fixed a crash while editing/creating a deck, probably caused by the computer’s locale being set
to something other than English.
- Fixed an issue whereby Last Wish did not trigger Clan Dimun Pirate Captain or War Longship’s
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes result in an instant “Draw” in Round 3.
- Fixed an issue whereby using Dimeritium Bomb to demote units in Weather would reset them to base
strength and ignore the Weather.
- Main Menu tiles should no longer change to black when changing resolution.
- Game should no longer crash after PC enters sleep mode.
- Fixed an issue whereby cards spawned by Johnny would have no art or description and were not
- Fixed an issue whereby Donar An Hindar wouldn’t discard Special Cards if only Bronze ones were
left in deck.
- Fixed an issue whereby Savage Bear would deal 2 damage to Foglets.
- Fixed an issue whereby users would sometimes get stuck on the “Downloading Card Collection”
- Fixed an issue whereby Dol Blathanna Trapper would trigger incorrectly.
- Changed card sorting order in Deck Builder and Collection to: Bronze Specials, Silver Specials,
Gold Specials, Leader cards, Bronze units, Silver units, Gold units
- In Collection, the card counts on the left will update based off the currently selected filters.
- Fixed an issue whereby Vran Warrior’s ability would trigger after both players had passed.
- Fixed an issue whereby Cow Carcass’ ability would trigger after both players had passed.
- Fixed an issue whereby Dun Banner Heavy Cavalry’s ability would trigger after both players had
- Fixed an issue whereby Dennis Cranmer’s ability would trigger after both players had passed.
- Fixed an issue whereby Joachim De Wett would draw a random non-Gold unit instead of the one from
the top of the deck.
Looks like Gwent is going to get it’s first official CDPR Tournament in April! The Gwent Challenger Tournament will include open qualifiers which will determine the four players that will get a chance to compete in the Main Event with four pro players. These pro players are: Trump, LifeCoach, ppd, and Noxious.
- Not everyone who signs up will participate in the tournament. After the closing of the sign-up period, the highest ranked 256 players from each division on GWENT’s leaderboard will be selected to participate in the Day 1 qualifiers, as long as they have applied correctly.
- The Open Qualifiers will take place across one weekend on the 8-9 April 2017. The ‘Temeria’ Open Qualifiers will take place at 12pm PST and the ‘Redania’ Open Qualifiers will take place at 12pm GMT on each day.
- There will be 256 places available in each Open Qualifier. This means there are 512 places available in total across both the ‘Temeria’ and ‘Redania’ Open Qualifiers.
- The Main Event will take place on 13 May 2017 at ESL Arena in Katowice, Zeliwna 38, Poland.
- The prizes are: first place prize is $60,000; second place prize is $20,000; and the third and fourth place prize is $10,000 each.
- The Main Event will be an eight-player tournament; four professional esports players (“Pro Players ”) and the four Qualifying Players.
We’re excited to announce GWENT Challenger — an official GWENT: The Witcher Card Game tournament organized in partnership with ESL.
The tournament will pit 4 best players from the community against professional gamers: Trump (Jeffrey Shih), Lifecoach (Adrian Koy), Noxious (Kacem Khilaji) and ppd (Peter Dager). GWENT Challenger finalists will compete for a total prize pool of $100,000.
“It’s a real privilege to observe how active GWENT players are in the realm of competitive gaming. Community-powered tournaments like The Passiflora Championship, The Seven Cats Brawl or The Gwentlemen’s Open are a source of inspiration for the entire team, and we definitely want this part of GWENT to grow,” said Paweł Burza, Community Manager, CD PROJEKT RED.
“GWENT: The Witcher Card Game was created because The Witcher community wanted it. Now we’re seeing more and more gamers wanting to play GWENT competitively, so here we are with a chance to play against some heavy-hitters, and a prize pool to spice things up,” said Marcin Iwiński, Co-founder, CD PROJEKT RED. “I can’t wait to see who wins!” Iwiński adds.
Registrations for GWENT Challenger Qualifiers, a detailed rule set, tournament roadmap and FAQ are all available on the official website.
Here’s a roundup of changes coming to Gwent in the near future that were displayed on the Gwent live stream today (VOD Link)! The big change will be the ability to position cards on the board rather than they just being added automatically. We’ll also be getting Avatars, Emotes, and a newly textured game board with more information (graveyard and deck count). They also confirmed that they won’t be introducing any new cards in the next patch.
I think I got the majority of the changes, apologies if I missed any!
A big list of Position and Balance Changes are after the jump!
Another Gwent Closed Beta Live Stream is coming today at 9pm CET! They will be discussing upcoming updates (likely the positioning changes), and playing live matches. Check out all the action on CDPR’s Twitch Channel. Here’s a countdown clock if you are in another time zone (H/T: ghostgnome).
Join us live on Tuesday, March 14th, at 9PM CET (12PM PST) on the CD PROJEKT RED Twitch channel! We’ll be playing live matches with the community and talking about the changes and new features introduced with the latest update! As always we’ll be answering your questions, so be sure to stop by!