I’m taking notes on some of the big changes and additions coming to Gwent!
Stream is over, I’m going through the VOD to pick out any other new cards or information I might have missed.
- All cards will have premium versions when the open beta is released.
- New Currency coming to Gwent: Meteorite Powder – will be used to upgrade your cards to premium version.
- You get Meteorite Powder from milling premium cards, leveling up, rank up rewards, or you can purchase it.
- Starter decks are getting an upgrade to be more useful to new players. 6 Silver cards and 4 Gold cards will be included in each one.
- Tutorials have been replaced with Challenges. You can get rewards for completing each one and you are rewarded with that specific leader when you complete their challenges.
- You can unlock each current and future Leader from the Challenge mode!
- Challenges should last you 5 hours.
- Faction abilities have been removed from the game!
- The abilities have been added to some of the cards in the game.
- An additional mulligan has been added to turn two and three. You can replace one card at the beginning of each round.
- Leaders can now spawn copies of themselves on the board.
- You can auto-mute your opponent’s in the settings.
- Weather cards can now be on any row and have different control type effects.
- Armor is a new ability that gives cards more health but without adding strength.
- Ally: A Unit on your side of the Board.
- Ambush: Play face down and only reveal when certain conditions are met.
- Boost: Increase a Unit’s current Power.
- Clash: Trigger this ability only if neither player has passed.
- Consume: Destroy a card (or Banish it, if it is in the Graveyard) and Boost the Consuming Unit by its Power.
- Craven: Trigger this ability if your opponent is losing the current round.
- Damage: Decrease a Unit’s current Power.
- Deploy: Trigger this ability when the card is placed on the board.
- Destroy: Move the card to the Graveyard.
- Discard: Move the card to the Graveyard from the Hand or Deck.
- Draw: Move the top card or cards from your Deck to your Hand.
- Effort: Perform the specified action for every card targeted by the preceding ability.
- Enemy: A Unit on your opponent’s side of the Board.
- Highest: The Unit with the highest Power. Ties are resolved randomly.
- Orders: Trigger this ability when your Leader card is played (but before the Leader’s ability is resolved).
- Resilient: A Resilient Unit remains on the Board at the end of the Round.
- Resurrect: Play a card from the Graveyard.
- Reveal: Turn a card or cards in the Hand over, exposing them to both players.
- Spawn: add the card to the game and play it.
- Spring: Reveal a face down Ambush card and trigger its ability.
- Spying: A Unit is Spying when it is on the opposite side of the Board from the player who played it.
- Strengthen: Increase a Unit’s base Power.
- Summon: Play the specified card(s) from your Deck.
- Timer: Reduce the Timer by 1 every turn. Trigger the ability when it reaches 0 (at the beginning or end of the turn).
- Transform: Convert into a different card.
- Turn Start: This card’s ability triggers at the start of its current owner’s turn.
- Veteran: Trigger this ability at the start of Rounds 2 and 3 when this card is in the Hand, Deck or Graveyard.
- Weaken: Decrease a Unit’s base Power.
- Eredin – 6 Str – Deploy: Spawn a Bronze Wild Hunt Unit.
- Unseen Elder – 4 Str – Deploy: Consume 3 Allies, but Strengthen this Unit by their Power instead of Boosting it.
- Dagon – 7 Str – Deploy: Spawn Biting Frost, Impenetrable Fog, or Torrential Rain.
- Morvran Voorhis – 6 Str – Deploy: Reveal up to 3 cards from either player’s Hand.
- King Bran – 3 Str – Discard 3 cards from your Deck (including Golds) and Strengthen Units among them by 1.
- Emhyr var Emeries – 3 Str – Deploy: Return an Ally to your hand, then play a card from your Hand.
- Eithne – 5 Str – Deploy: Resurrect a Special card from your Graveyard.
- John Calveit – 4 Str – deploy: Look at the top 3 cards in your Deck. Play 1 and place the others back.
This is just a brief look at some of the changes, there’s so many that it’s hard to keep track.
- King of Beggars – 15 Str, Ranged – Deploy: If you are winning, Weaken this Unit enough to tie the Round or to a minimum 5 base Power.
- Saskia – 7 Str, Any Row – Orders: Summon this Unit.
- Ithlinne – 2 Str, Any Row/Disloyal – Deploy: Play a Bronze Special card from your Deck, then Spawn a copy of it.
- Aglais – 10 Str, Any Row – Deploy: You may Resurrect a Special card from your opponent’s Graveyard. Effort: Weaken self by 4.
- Ocvist – 6 Str, Siege – Timer 4: Turn Start: Damage all Enemies by 1, then return this Unit to your Hand and Transform it into Exhausted Ocvist.
- Treason – Play the bottom card from your opponent’s Deck.
- Xarthisius – Deploy: Look at the top 3 cards of your opponent’s Deck (including Golds). You may choose 1 and place it at the bottom of their Deck.
- Restore: Return a unit from your Graveyard to your Hand, then Discard a card.
- Avallac’h (Neutral) – 10 Str, Any Row – Deploy: Clash: Draw 2 cards (including Golds).
- Yennefer: The Conjurer – 4 Str, Any Row – Turn Start: Damage the Highest Enemy/Enemies by 1.
- Kayran – 10 Str, Any Row – Deploy: Consume a Unit from your Hand, then Boost self by an additional 5.
Video Explaining Meteorite Powder
Weather Card Changes