- 4Yennefer: The Conjurer1At the start of your turn, remove 1 strength from the strongest opposing non-Gold unit(s).
- 6Ciri1Return to your hand if you lose the round.
- 9Stefan Skellen1Choose any card in your deck, then shuffle your deck and place the chosen card on top.
- 10Cahir1If your opponent has not passed, enable your Leader for use and your opponent draws the top Bronze card in their deck and reveals it.
- -Dimeritium Bomb1Choose 5 adjacent units. Reset them to base strength. Convert affected Gold units to Silver (or Bronze, if that was their original color).
- 5Eskel1Play Vesemir and Lambert from your deck.
- 5Lambert1Play Eskel and Vesemir from your deck.
- 6Cleaver1Lock or unlock a non-Gold unit on the battlefield. Locked units lose all tokens and have no ability until replayed or moved to a hand.
- 7Vesemir1Play Eskel and Lambert from your deck.
- 12Cantarella1Gain Weather Immunity. Draw a card. You may keep it, or put it at the bottom of your deck and draw another. When not Spying, lose 6 base strength.
- -Alzur's Thunder1Remove 7 strength from a non-Gold unit.
- -First Light1Spawn either a Clear Skies or a Rally effect. Banish when moved to the graveyard.
- -Lacerate3Remove 3 strength from all non-Gold units on a row.
- -Manticore Venom1Choose 3 adjacent units. Remove 4 strength from non-Gold units among them.
- 4Black Infantry Arbalest3Remove 3 strength from an opposing non-Gold unit. If the unit's strength is higher than base, remove 6 strength instead.
- 6Rot Tosser3Spawn a Cow Carcass on an opposing row.
- 11Nilfgaardian Knight3Reveal a random card in your hand.
Based on this:
Read his guide in detail first, then read about the budget changes here.
*Ciri helps with card advantage to activate a last turn Cahir after the opponent is forced to pass, and Stefan Skelen helps you get a card you need, and both are mentioned in the original guide as possible card replacements.
*Yennefer: The Conjurer can sometimes help equalize unit strength for Rot Tosser. Obviously nothing will be as good for Rot Tosser as Myrgtabrakke.
*Cleaver instead of Auckes for now because when you are on a budget it feels like a waste to spend 200 scraps just for those 2 extra points, and the inclusion of the 3 knights means the deck is incompatible with frost anyway.
*I don’t have ideal alternatives for the 3 legendary silver cards. Roach helps Vilgefortz function, but this budget deck doesn’t have Vilgefortz anyway. Myrgtabrakke can’t really be mimicked by other cards. Sweers is a dead card for new players, and only starts helping once you reach a high rank and start encountering consume monsters with all the required legendaries. (Not to mention that this deck also has 3 more special cards against Nekkers anyway.)
*This is why I picked the Witcher trio. Nilfgard and Witcher trio go well together for several reasons. First of all in NG decks if you fail to get good results from your Rot Tosser, you’ll feel that the deck is having a hard time catching up to the opposing numbers. Witchers provides raw power while also thinning your deck, and both factors help NG a lot. Another benefit is the faction’s passive ability. If you accidentally pull off 2 witchers in the draw phase, with other factions you get stuck with them and lose good value, but in NG you can replace the extra witcher with a different card in the next round.
*If you don’t want the Witcher trio then swap them for Sweers (anti Nekkers), Assir Var Anahid (10 base strength at worst, 8 base strength+anti discard Skellige at best) and Alzur’s Double Cross (Which will always bring something powerful to the board).