- 3Kambi1After 3 turns, spawn Hemdall on this unit's side. Destroy Kambi whenever Hemdall appears on the same side.
- 6Ciri1Return to your hand if you lose the round.
- 10Birna Bran1Draw 2 cards. Keep 1 and discard the rest.
- 15Hjalmar1Spawn a Lord of Undvik on the opposing side.
- -Decoy1Return a non-Gold, non-Relentless unit on your side to your hand, add 3 to its base strength and immediately play it again, then banish self.
- -Restoration1Add 2 to the base strength of a non-Gold, non-Permadeath unit in your graveyard, then resurrect it.
- 2Sigrdrifa1Resurrect a non-Gold, non-Permadeath unit. Gain 1 strength whenever a unit is played on your side from either graveyard.
- 4Svanrige1Draw 1 card, then discard 1 card.
- 5Udalryk1Resurrect a random non-Gold, non-Permadeath card from the opposing graveyard.
- 13Donar an Hindar1Gain Weather Immunity. Draw a card. You may keep it, or discard it and draw another.
- -Dimeritium Shackles1Lock or unlock any unit on the battlefield. If Gold, convert it to Silver (or Bronze, if that was its original color). Locked units lose all tokens and have no ability until replayed or moved to a hand.
- -Thunderbolt Potion1Choose 3 adjacent units. Add 4 strength to all non-Gold units among them.
- 1Priestess of Freya2Resurrect a Bronze non-Permadeath unit.
- 3Queensguard3Resurrect all Queensguards and add 1 base strength to your Cerys unit, wherever it is.
- 4Clan Dimun Pirate Captain1While in your hand, deck or on the battlefield, gain 1 strength whenever you discard a unit.
- 4Clan an Craite Raider3Resurrect when discarded.
- 4War Longship1Remove 2 strength from a random opposing non-Gold unit whenever whenever you discard a unit.
- 5Clan Dimun Pirate3Gain Weather Immunity. Discard all Clan Dimun Pirates from your deck.
Kambi Combo - Details
Hello guys, I recently opened a keg and obtaine a superb Premium KambiAfter 3 turns, spawn Hemdall on this unit's side. Destroy Kambi whenever Hemdall appears on the same side., and decided to create a funny deck around it. Imagine my surprise when I end up winning quite a number of games, which means that it is indeed a viable deck (although would not recommend it for ranked play)
So the basic strategy is based on 2 basic concepts: discard as many cards as possible in Round 1 (while still attempting to win the round) to thin the deck and get as many cards necessary for the combo.Then either concede or win Round 2 (depending on the outcome of Round 1) and play the Kambi combo in Round 3. Winning is very dependant on Card draw and luck, although on most games you can draw the entire deck.
IMPORTANT: note that Card Advantage is CRUCIAL for this deck to work. Although King Bran actually makes us lose 1 card advantage, the deck contains many spies to help compensate this negative effect (and to get both Kambi and Hjalmar )
Gain Weather Immunity. Discard all Clan Dimun Pirates from your deck.
ROUND 1: Place down your Clan Dimun Pirate CaptainWhile in your hand, deck or on the battlefield, gain 1 strength whenever you discard a unit. or your War LongshipRemove 2 strength from a random opposing non-Gold unit whenever whenever you discard a unit. (or both if you have them). Now you can play Clan Dimun PirateGain Weather Immunity. Discard all Clan Dimun Pirates from your deck. (always remember to only have 1 in hand), SvanrigeDraw 1 card, then discard 1 card. and/or King BranDiscard up to 3 cards from your deck. Shuffle your deck.. This way you benefit from discarding many cards and mostly gain or retain card advantage. In the case the oponent pushes to win the round, you can use Birna BranDraw 2 cards. Keep 1 and discard the rest./Donar an HindarGain Weather Immunity. Draw a card. You may keep it, or discard it and draw another. and maybe CiriReturn to your hand if you lose the round.. Winning the first Round is not mandatory, but it certainly helps to combo on either Round 2 or 3. If you need to lose 2 or more card advantage to win the round, it is better to concede.
Return to your hand if you lose the round.
ROUND 2: If you won the first round, play some remaining spies (always remember to use Birna Bran before the last round if you intend to Kambi Combo) and Ciri. In case you lost, try to use QueensguardResurrect all Queensguards and add 1 base strength to your Cerys unit, wherever it is. chain ressurection to secure the round. In the worst case, play Kambi and Hjalmar this round and save RestorationAdd 2 to the base strength of a non-Gold, non-Permadeath unit in your graveyard, then resurrect it./SigrdrifaResurrect a non-Gold, non-Permadeath unit. Gain 1 strength whenever a unit is played on your side from either graveyard. for last round.
After 3 turns, spawn Hemdall on this unit's side. Destroy Kambi whenever Hemdall appears on the same side.
ROUND 3: Card advantage is really important in this round, so keep it in mind. it is optimal to reach this last round with 4-5 cards in hand, but keep in mind that a minimum of 2 turns are necessary for Kambi to trigger. When 4 cards remain, play Kambi. Afterwards just play Ciri and HjalmarSpawn a Lord of Undvik on the opposing side. (careful with NR promote decks, Henselt ability and Radovid Control, as he can smite Kambi or demote Hjalmar). If necessary, you can chain ressurrect Queensguard afterwards. Use Dimeritium Shackles in case the oponent plays some big gold card, just before Kambi triggers.
– CiriReturn to your hand if you lose the round. is included in the deck mostly because the card advantage it provides, and can be useful to play before Kambi. If you are confident in achieveing the necessary advantage, go ahead and swap it with another gold card.
– I find better to use Queensguard as discard for King Bran’s ability instead of Clan An Craite Raiders, as they can be resurrected afterwards. If so, try to mulligan for at least 2 of them, and redraw any Raiders you happen to find (or save one for Svanrige).
– Thunderbolt PotionChoose 3 adjacent units. Add 4 strength to all non-Gold units among them. is included to boost up the strength of either Queensguard or Clan An Craite Raiders
Keep in mind this deck suffers greatly against a Henselt Promote deck (gold units inmune to Kambi), Radovid (can smite Kambi before it triggers) and maybe another deck that specializes in winning in 2 rounds. But so far in normals it is so much fun to play!
Feedback is appreciated. Thanks and see you in the game!