The Gwent live stream has revealed some awesome new developments coming to the game. There’s some new categories and changes to cards that give Golden status in the next patch. Ranked Play is being worked on and will be coming down the line along with five new cards and some more additions to premium cards. The experience system is being upgraded and there will be a robust leaderboard for Ranked Play.
If you missed the stream you can watch it here.
Upcoming Patch Changes
- Abilities that change cards to gold have been changed. If a card is buffed and changed to gold to something like 34 from a base of 4, it will be reduced to its base value (4) if you play a card like Dimeritium BombChoose 5 adjacent units. Reset them to base strength. Convert affected Gold units to Silver (or Bronze, if that was their original color)..
- If you destroy a card that was buffed to golden it will be reset back to its former group.
- New Category: Fleeting. Once the card reaches the graveyard (if it was used) it is removed from the game, so it can’t be resurrected and is out of the game completely. If you discard it without using its ability it will go to the graveyard instead. Fleeting is being added to cards like: Commander's HornChoose 5 adjacent units. Add 4 strength to non-Gold units among them., OperatorChoose a non-Gold unit in your hand (other than the Operator). Create an exact copy in both players' hands. Banish when moved to the graveyard..
- New Category: Relentless – The card can’t be removed from the board unless it was destroyed or sent to the graveyard at the end of the round.
- New Category: Permadeath – The card can’t be resurrected, but will go to the graveyard.
- Monster’s ability ignores resilient (stays on the board, e.g., buffed with Adrenaline RushToggle the Resilience of a non-Gold unit on the battlefield. A Resilient unit stays on the battlefield for the next round.) units.
- Clear SkiesSpawn a Clear Weather effect that removes Weather from the battlefield.: Changed the name to “First Light” and the text now reads “Spawn either a Clear Skies or a Rally effect.” Clear Skies is the same as it was, but it’s a token now. Rally reads “Play a random bronze unit from your deck.
- PromoteChoose 3 adjacent units on your side. Convert all non-Gold units among them to Gold until removed from the battlefield or the round ends. now reads: “Convert all instances of a non-Gold unit on your side of the battlefield to Gold until destroyed or the round ends.”
- Geralt: IgniDestroy the strongest non-Gold unit(s) on the opposite row if that row totals 20 or more strength. now reads: “Destroy the strongest non-Gold unit(s) on the opposite row if that row totals 20 or more strength.”
- AelirennPlay immediately from your deck whenever there are 5 or more revealed Elf units on your side. now reads: “Add 1 strength to all other non-Gold Elf units on your side of the battlefield. Play from your deck whenever a 5th revealed Elf unit appears on your side.”
- IsengrimSpawn 1 Commando Neophyte on a random row whenever you play a Special Card. now reads: “Spawn 2 Commando Neophytes on random rows whenever you play a Special Card.”
- DecoyReturn a non-Gold, non-Relentless unit on your side to your hand, add 3 to its base strength and immediately play it again, then banish self. now reads: “Return a non-Gold, non-Relentless unit on your side to your hand, then remove from the game.”
- NithralGain Weather Immunity. Remove 2 strength from a random opposing non-Gold unit whenever a Wild Hunt unit appears on your side. Changed from 7 to 6 Strength and now reads: “Immune to Frost. Remove 2 strength from a random opposing non-Gold unit whenever a Wild Hunt unit appears on your side.”
- Nature's GiftSpawn a base copy of the last non-Gold Special Card played, then banish self. – Fleeting has been added.
- AglaisResurrect a non-Gold Special Card from your graveyard. – Changed from 7 to 5 Strength.
- DrownerGain Weather Immunity. Move an opposing non-Gold unit to that side's Siege row. – Changed from 7 to 5 Strength and now reads: “Immune to Rain. Move an opposing non-Gold unit to that side’s Siege row.”
- Stammelford's TremorsRemove 2 strength from 6 random opposing non-Gold units. now reads: “Remove 2 strength from all non-Gold units on both sides of the battlefield.”
- DandelionAdd 2 strength to each non-Gold unit played on your side. Does not affect spawned units. – Changed from 1 to 4 Strength and now reads: “Add 2 strength to each non-Gold unit that appears on the battlefield.” This works for both sides of the board, so your opponent’s minions will be buffed as well.
- Mahakam DefenderGain Resilience. A Resilient unit stays on the battlefield for the next round. Changed from 3 to 4 Strength.
- Barclay ElsAdd 1 strength to all your other non-Gold Dwarf units, wherever they are. will now buff Zoltan: Animal TamerSpawn one of the two Field Marshal Duda units. and Zoltan ChivayGain Resilience. A Resilient unit stays on the battlefield for the next round..
- Reinforced TrebuchetEvery turn, remove 1 strength from a random opposing non-Gold unit. has a 3 turn timer now.
- OcvistAfter 4 turns, remove 1 strength from all opposing non-Gold units. Then return this Ocvist to your hand, set its base strength to 6 and remove its ability. has a 4 turn timer now.
- Dun Banner Heavy CavalryAfter 3 turns, convert to Gold until removed from the battlefield or the round ends. – Changed from 4 to 5 Strength.
- RadovidChoose 3 adjacent units. Lock all non-Gold units among them and remove 2 base strength from the locked units. now reads “Remove 8 strength from any unit.”
- King BranDiscard up to 3 cards from your deck. Shuffle your deck. now reads “Discard 2 cards and add 2 base strength to them. Choose any card in your deck and place it in your hand.”
- Priestess of FreyaResurrect a Bronze non-Permadeath unit. has been given the Permadeath category.
- War LongshipRemove 2 strength from a random opposing non-Gold unit whenever whenever you discard a unit. – Changed from 3 to 5 Strength.
- OperatorChoose a non-Gold unit in your hand (other than the Operator). Create an exact copy in both players' hands. Banish when moved to the graveyard. has been give both the Relentless and Fleeting category.
- Draig Bon-Dhu – Changed from 2 to 4 Strength and now reads “Add 1 base strength to all non-Gold units in your graveyard.”
- Clan Dimun Pirate CaptainWhile in your hand, deck or on the battlefield, gain 1 strength whenever you discard a unit. – Changed from 1 to 3 Strength and now reads “Immune to Fog. Gain 2 strength whenever you discard a unit.”
- Madman LugosAfter 2 turns, gain 1 base strength for each unit in your graveyard. When removed, set base strength to 4 (even when Locked). now reads “After 2 turns, gain 1 strength for each unit in your graveyard.”
- Birna BranDraw 2 cards. Keep 1 and discard the rest. – Changed from 9 to 8 Strength and now reads “Draw 3 cards. Keep 1 and discard the rest.”]
- Vrihedd VanguardSpawn a Commando Neophyte on a random row. – Changed from 4 to 6 Strength.
All this stuff is a work in-progress and might not end up going live in this state.
Ranked Play is being worked on, here’s a screenshot of how it looks when you unlock it:
New Leveling System
A new leveling system will be added. You will now get experience even if you lose. When you reach a new level you are rewarded, and you will get a reward for every level you get. It will be cards, resources, kegs, etc.
You can filter your leaderboard by region and with friends. Whenever you reach a new rank you will get a reward: cards, resources, or kegs. When the season ends you will get a reward based on your highest rank achieved during the season.
More premium cards are on the way for IorvethRemove 6 strength from a non-Gold unit on the battlefield., Vernon RocheRemove 5 strength from a non-Gold unit on the battlefield., Birna BranDraw 2 cards. Keep 1 and discard the rest., CaretakerResurrect a non-Gold, non-Permadeath unit from the opposing graveyard., and Ragh Nar RoogRemove 2 base strength from 8 random opposing non-Gold units on the battlefield..
- Twitch Clip for Iorveth and Vernon Roche animations
- Twitch Clip for Birna Bran and Caretaker animations
- Twitch Clip for Ragh Nar Roog animations
Geralt: Aard – When you play Geralt: Aard you can choose a row on your opponent’s side, and it will move all of the units to the higher row, and deal 1 damage to all of the units moved.
Kayran – It consumes three of your non-gold cards and inherits their power.
Coral – You select a row on your side of the board, and it will move all of your units to the row that Coral was played on.
Schirru – New ambush card. It’s played face down, it’s triggered when a special card is played and changes it to a ScorchDestroy the strongest non-Gold unit(s) on the battlefield.. It might play another Scorch after that, but it’s unclear.
Dimeritium Shackle – It removes all of the current effects on a card and if the card is promoted to Gold it will remove this status. If you play it on a standard Gold card it will remove the Gold status.
Will there be player icons (avatars)?
They will come in the future.
Can you use a Medic card on a Relentless card?
Will the patch be released in a similar time frame on both platforms?
How can you obtain Premium cards?
Will there be any Neutral Medic Revive cards?
They don’t think so, they want to avoid that.