The Gwent live stream has revealed some awesome new developments coming to the game. There’s some new categories and changes to cards that give Golden status in the next patch. Ranked Play is being worked on and will be coming down the line along with five new cards and some more additions to premium cards. The experience system is being upgraded and there will be a robust leaderboard for Ranked Play.
If you missed the stream you can watch it here.
Upcoming Patch Changes
- Abilities that change cards to gold have been changed. If a card is buffed and changed to gold to something like 34 from a base of 4, it will be reduced to its base value (4) if you play a card like Dimeritium BombChoose 5 adjacent Units and Reset them. If any are Gold, Demote them first..
- If you destroy a card that was buffed to golden it will be reset back to its former group.
- New Category: Fleeting. Once the card reaches the graveyard (if it was used) it is removed from the game, so it can’t be resurrected and is out of the game completely. If you discard it without using its ability it will go to the graveyard instead. Fleeting is being added to cards like: Commander's HornBoost 5 adjacent Units by 4., OperatorDoomed, Stubborn. Deploy: If neither player has passed, choose a Bronze Unit in your Hand and create a base copy of it in both players' Hands..
- New Category: Relentless – The card can’t be removed from the board unless it was destroyed or sent to the graveyard at the end of the round.
- New Category: Permadeath – The card can’t be resurrected, but will go to the graveyard.
- Monster’s ability ignores resilient (stays on the board, e.g., buffed with Adrenaline RushToggle a Unit's Resilience.) units.
- Clear SkiesTrigger all Weather on your side, then clear all Weather from your side.: Changed the name to “First Light” and the text now reads “Spawn either a Clear Skies or a Rally effect.” Clear Skies is the same as it was, but it’s a token now. Rally reads “Play a random bronze unit from your deck.
- Promote now reads: “Convert all instances of a non-Gold unit on your side of the battlefield to Gold until destroyed or the round ends.”
- Geralt: IgniDeploy: Destroy all the Highest Units on the opposite row if that row totals 25 or more Power. now reads: “Destroy the strongest non-Gold unit(s) on the opposite row if that row totals 20 or more strength.”
- AelirennWhen you have 5 or more Elf Allies, play this Unit from your Deck. now reads: “Add 1 strength to all other non-Gold Elf units on your side of the battlefield. Play from your deck whenever a 5th revealed Elf unit appears on your side.”
- IsengrimPlay a Bronze or Silver Ambush card from your Deck. now reads: “Spawn 2 Commando Neophytes on random rows whenever you play a Special Card.”
- DecoyReturn a Bronze or Silver Ally to your Hand, Boost it by 3 and play it. now reads: “Return a non-Gold, non-Relentless unit on your side to your hand, then remove from the game.”
- NithralDeploy: Damage an Enemy by 5. If you have any Wild Hunt Units in your Hand, Damage it by 7 instead. Changed from 7 to 6 Strength and now reads: “Immune to Frost. Remove 2 strength from a random opposing non-Gold unit whenever a Wild Hunt unit appears on your side.”
- Nature's GiftPlay a Bronze or Silver Special card from your Deck. Shuffle the others back. – Fleeting has been added.
- AglaisDeploy: You may Resurrect a Bronze or Silver Special card from your opponent's Graveyard. – Changed from 7 to 5 Strength.
- DrownerDeploy: Move a Unit to this row on its side. If it's an Enemy, Damage it by 2. If the Enemy is under any Hazard after being moved, Damage it by 4 instead. – Changed from 7 to 5 Strength and now reads: “Immune to Rain. Move an opposing non-Gold unit to that side’s Siege row.”
- Stammelford's TremorsDamage all Units by 1. If any were Destroyed, Spawn a Lesser Guardian on your side. now reads: “Remove 2 strength from all non-Gold units on both sides of the battlefield.”
- DandelionDeploy: Boost up to 3 Units in your Deck by 2, then shuffle your Deck. – Changed from 1 to 4 Strength and now reads: “Add 2 strength to each non-Gold unit that appears on the battlefield.” This works for both sides of the board, so your opponent’s minions will be buffed as well.
- Mahakam DefenderDeploy: Gain Resilience. Changed from 3 to 4 Strength.
- Barclay ElsDeploy: Play a random Bronze or Silver Dwarf from your Deck and Strengthen it by 3. will now buff Zoltan: Animal TamerDeploy: Spawn Field Marshal Duda Companion or Field Marshal Duda Agitator. and Zoltan ChivayDeploy: Move 3 Units to this row on their side. Strengthen moved Allies by 2, Damage moved Enemies by 2..
- Reinforced TrebuchetEvery turn, at the start of your turn, Damage a random Enemy by 1 (ignoring Armor). has a 3 turn timer now.
- OcvistAfter 4 turns, at the start of your turn, Damage all Enemies by 1, return this Unit to your Hand and transform it into Exhausted Ocvist. has a 4 turn timer now.
- Dun Banner Heavy CavalryDeploy: Remove Armor from a Unit and Boost self by the amount of Armor removed. – Changed from 4 to 5 Strength.
- RadovidDoomed, Stubborn. Deploy: Toggle 2 Units' Lock. If Enemies, Damage them by 4 as well. Crewmen 1. now reads “Remove 8 strength from any unit.”
- King BranDoomed, Stubborn. Veteran 1 Deploy: Discard up to 3 cards from your Deck and Strengthen all Units among them by 1. Then shuffle your Deck. now reads “Discard 2 cards and add 2 base strength to them. Choose any card in your deck and place it in your hand.”
- Priestess of FreyaDoomed. Deploy: Resurrect a Bronze Unit. has been given the Permadeath category.
- War LongshipWhenever you Discard a Unit, Damage a random Enemy by 2. – Changed from 3 to 5 Strength.
- OperatorDoomed, Stubborn. Deploy: If neither player has passed, choose a Bronze Unit in your Hand and create a base copy of it in both players' Hands. has been give both the Relentless and Fleeting category.
- Draig Bon-Dhu – Changed from 2 to 4 Strength and now reads “Add 1 base strength to all non-Gold units in your graveyard.”
- Clan Dimun Pirate CaptainEvery turn, at the end of your turn, if this Unit is in your Hand or Deck, Reset it and Boost it by the base Power of the Highest Bronze Unit discarded to your Graveyard during your turn. – Changed from 1 to 3 Strength and now reads “Immune to Fog. Gain 2 strength whenever you discard a unit.”
- Madman LugosDeploy: Discard a Bronze Unit from your Deck and Damage a Unit by the Discarded Unit's base Power. now reads “After 2 turns, gain 1 strength for each unit in your graveyard.”
- Birna BranVeteran 1. Deploy: Apply a Skellige Storm Hazard to the opposite row. – Changed from 9 to 8 Strength and now reads “Draw 3 cards. Keep 1 and discard the rest.”]
- Vrihedd VanguardWhenever you Mulligan this Unit, Boost all Elf Allies by 1. Deploy: Boost all other Elf Allies by 1. – Changed from 4 to 6 Strength.
All this stuff is a work in-progress and might not end up going live in this state.
Ranked Play is being worked on, here’s a screenshot of how it looks when you unlock it:
New Leveling System
A new leveling system will be added. You will now get experience even if you lose. When you reach a new level you are rewarded, and you will get a reward for every level you get. It will be cards, resources, kegs, etc.
You can filter your leaderboard by region and with friends. Whenever you reach a new rank you will get a reward: cards, resources, or kegs. When the season ends you will get a reward based on your highest rank achieved during the season.
More premium cards are on the way for IorvethDeploy: Damage an Enemy by 7. If it was Destroyed, Boost all Elves in your Hand by 1., Vernon RocheDeploy: Damage an Enemy by 3. If it was Destroyed, Spawn a Blue Stripes Commando on a random row and repeat the Deploy ability (one time only)., Birna BranVeteran 1. Deploy: Apply a Skellige Storm Hazard to the opposite row., CaretakerDeploy: Resurrect a Bronze or Silver Unit from your opponent's Graveyard., and Ragh Nar RoogApply a Ragh Nar Roog Hazard to all opposing rows. Ragh Nar Roog Hazard: Every turn, at the start of your turn, Damage the Highest Unit on the row by 2..
- Twitch Clip for Iorveth and Vernon Roche animations
- Twitch Clip for Birna Bran and Caretaker animations
- Twitch Clip for Ragh Nar Roog animations
Geralt: Aard – When you play Geralt: Aard you can choose a row on your opponent’s side, and it will move all of the units to the higher row, and deal 1 damage to all of the units moved.
Kayran – It consumes three of your non-gold cards and inherits their power.
Coral – You select a row on your side of the board, and it will move all of your units to the row that Coral was played on.
Schirru – New ambush card. It’s played face down, it’s triggered when a special card is played and changes it to a ScorchDestroy all the Highest Units.. It might play another Scorch after that, but it’s unclear.
Dimeritium Shackle – It removes all of the current effects on a card and if the card is promoted to Gold it will remove this status. If you play it on a standard Gold card it will remove the Gold status.
Will there be player icons (avatars)?
They will come in the future.
Can you use a Medic card on a Relentless card?
Will the patch be released in a similar time frame on both platforms?
How can you obtain Premium cards?
Will there be any Neutral Medic Revive cards?
They don’t think so, they want to avoid that.