I’m taking notes on some of the big changes and additions coming to Gwent!
Stream is over, I’m going through the VOD to pick out any other new cards or information I might have missed.
- All cards will have premium versions when the open beta is released.
- New Currency coming to Gwent: Meteorite Powder – will be used to upgrade your cards to premium version.
- You get Meteorite Powder from milling premium cards, leveling up, rank up rewards, or you can purchase it.
- Starter decks are getting an upgrade to be more useful to new players. 6 Silver cards and 4 Gold cards will be included in each one.
- Tutorials have been replaced with Challenges. You can get rewards for completing each one and you are rewarded with that specific leader when you complete their challenges.
- You can unlock each current and future Leader from the Challenge mode!
- Challenges should last you 5 hours.
- Faction abilities have been removed from the game!
- The abilities have been added to some of the cards in the game.
- An additional mulligan has been added to turn two and three. You can replace one card at the beginning of each round.
- Leaders can now spawn copies of themselves on the board.
- You can auto-mute your opponent’s in the settings.
- Weather cards can now be on any row and have different control type effects.
- Armor is a new ability that gives cards more health but without adding strength.
- Ally: A Unit on your side of the Board.
- Ambush: Play face down and only reveal when certain conditions are met.
- Boost: Increase a Unit’s current Power.
- Clash: Trigger this ability only if neither player has passed.
- Consume: Destroy a card (or Banish it, if it is in the Graveyard) and Boost the Consuming Unit by its Power.
- Craven: Trigger this ability if your opponent is losing the current round.
- Damage: Decrease a Unit’s current Power.
- Deploy: Trigger this ability when the card is placed on the board.
- Destroy: Move the card to the Graveyard.
- Discard: Move the card to the Graveyard from the Hand or Deck.
- Draw: Move the top card or cards from your Deck to your Hand.
- Effort: Perform the specified action for every card targeted by the preceding ability.
- Enemy: A Unit on your opponent’s side of the Board.
- Highest: The Unit with the highest Power. Ties are resolved randomly.
- Orders: Trigger this ability when your Leader card is played (but before the Leader’s ability is resolved).
- Resilient: A Resilient Unit remains on the Board at the end of the Round.
- Resurrect: Play a card from the Graveyard.
- Reveal: Turn a card or cards in the Hand over, exposing them to both players.
- Spawn: add the card to the game and play it.
- Spring: Reveal a face down Ambush card and trigger its ability.
- Spying: A Unit is Spying when it is on the opposite side of the Board from the player who played it.
- Strengthen: Increase a Unit’s base Power.
- Summon: Play the specified card(s) from your Deck.
- Timer: Reduce the Timer by 1 every turn. Trigger the ability when it reaches 0 (at the beginning or end of the turn).
- Transform: Convert into a different card.
- Turn Start: This card’s ability triggers at the start of its current owner’s turn.
- Veteran: Trigger this ability at the start of Rounds 2 and 3 when this card is in the Hand, Deck or Graveyard.
- Weaken: Decrease a Unit’s base Power.
- Eredin – 6 Str – Deploy: Spawn a Bronze Wild Hunt Unit.
- Unseen Elder – 4 Str – Deploy: Consume 3 Allies, but Strengthen this Unit by their Power instead of Boosting it.
- Dagon – 7 Str – Deploy: Spawn Biting Frost, Impenetrable Fog, or Torrential Rain.
- Morvran Voorhis – 6 Str – Deploy: Reveal up to 3 cards from either player’s Hand.
- King Bran – 3 Str – Discard 3 cards from your Deck (including Golds) and Strengthen Units among them by 1.
- Emhyr var Emeries – 3 Str – Deploy: Return an Ally to your hand, then play a card from your Hand.
- Eithne – 5 Str – Deploy: Resurrect a Special card from your Graveyard.
- John Calveit – 4 Str – deploy: Look at the top 3 cards in your Deck. Play 1 and place the others back.
This is just a brief look at some of the changes, there’s so many that it’s hard to keep track.
- King of Beggars – 15 Str, Ranged – Deploy: If you are winning, Weaken this Unit enough to tie the Round or to a minimum 5 base Power.
- Saskia – 7 Str, Any Row – Orders: Summon this Unit.
- Ithlinne – 2 Str, Any Row/Disloyal – Deploy: Play a Bronze Special card from your Deck, then Spawn a copy of it.
- Aglais – 10 Str, Any Row – Deploy: You may Resurrect a Special card from your opponent’s Graveyard. Effort: Weaken self by 4.
- Ocvist – 6 Str, Siege – Timer 4: Turn Start: Damage all Enemies by 1, then return this Unit to your Hand and Transform it into Exhausted Ocvist.
- Treason – Play the bottom card from your opponent’s Deck.
- Xarthisius – Deploy: Look at the top 3 cards of your opponent’s Deck (including Golds). You may choose 1 and place it at the bottom of their Deck.
- Restore: Return a unit from your Graveyard to your Hand, then Discard a card.
- Avallac’h (Neutral) – 10 Str, Any Row – Deploy: Clash: Draw 2 cards (including Golds).
- Yennefer: The Conjurer – 4 Str, Any Row – Turn Start: Damage the Highest Enemy/Enemies by 1.
- Kayran – 10 Str, Any Row – Deploy: Consume a Unit from your Hand, then Boost self by an additional 5.
Video Explaining Meteorite Powder
Weather Card Changes
New Trinkets Section
You can collect and use different titles, avatars, and borders.
New Single Player Challenge w/Rewards
New Rewards Panel
Card Crafting & Transmutation Outcomes & Cost
Beta Participation Rewards
Closed Beta End of Season Rewards