Here’s a roundup of changes coming to Gwent in the near future that were displayed on the Gwent live stream today (VOD Link)! The big change will be the ability to position cards on the board rather than they just being added automatically. We’ll also be getting Avatars, Emotes, and a newly textured game board with more information (graveyard and deck count). They also confirmed that they won’t be introducing any new cards in the next patch.
I think I got the majority of the changes, apologies if I missed any!
A big list of Position and Balance Changes are after the jump!
Current Card: Hawker HealerAdd 3 strength to adjacent non-Gold units.
- Resilience now only lasts one turn!
- Gold cards like Triss MerigoldRemove 4 strength from a non-Gold unit., Vernon RocheRemove 5 strength from a non-Gold unit on the battlefield., and IorvethRemove 6 strength from a non-Gold unit on the battlefield. will no longer be able to target other Gold cards.
- Lock disables abilities of the card even in the graveyard.
- Yennefer: The ConjurerAt the start of your turn, remove 1 strength from the strongest opposing non-Gold unit(s). – Remove 1 Strength from the Strongest Opposing non-Gold Unit, ties are resolved randomly.
- VesemirPlay Eskel and Lambert from your deck. – 6 Strength, LambertPlay Eskel and Vesemir from your deck. – 5 Strength, EskelPlay Vesemir and Lambert from your deck. – 5 Strength
- Ciri: DashWhen moved to the graveyard, randomly place in your deck and gain 3 base strength. – 8 Strength
Current Card: AglaisResurrect a non-Gold Special Card from your graveyard. – Also Removed Relentless
Current Card: Rot TosserSpawn a Cow Carcass on an opposing row.
- Crone: BrewessPlay all Crone units from your deck. – 7 Strength, Crone: WhispessPlay all Crone units from your deck. – 6 Strength, Crone: WeavessPlay all Crone units from your deck. – 6 Strength
Current Card: NekkerWhile in your hand, deck or on the battlefield, gain 1 strength whenever a Devourer unit on your side absorbs strength. When removed from the battlefield, play a Nekker from your deck.
Current Card: BotchlingGain Resilience. A Resilient unit stays on the battlefield for the next round. Banish when moved to the graveyard., LubberkinEvery turn, add 3 strength to a random other non-Gold unit on your side of the battlefield. Banish when moved to the graveyard.
Current Card: ThalerRedraw up to 1 card.
Current Card: Birna BranDraw 2 cards. Keep 1 and discard the rest.