Here’s a roundup of changes coming to Gwent in the near future that were displayed on the Gwent live stream today (VOD Link)! The big change will be the ability to position cards on the board rather than they just being added automatically. We’ll also be getting Avatars, Emotes, and a newly textured game board with more information (graveyard and deck count). They also confirmed that they won’t be introducing any new cards in the next patch.
I think I got the majority of the changes, apologies if I missed any!
A big list of Position and Balance Changes are after the jump!
Current Card: Manticore VenomDamage a Unit by 12.
Current Card: Commander's HornBoost 5 adjacent Units by 4.
Current Card: Hawker HealerDeploy: Boost 2 Allies by 3.
- Resilience now only lasts one turn!
- Gold cards like Triss MerigoldDeploy: Damage a Unit by 5., Vernon RocheDeploy: Damage an Enemy by 3. If it was Destroyed, Spawn a Blue Stripes Commando on a random row and repeat the Deploy ability (one time only)., and IorvethDeploy: Damage an Enemy by 7. If it was Destroyed, Boost all Elves in your Hand by 1. will no longer be able to target other Gold cards.
- Lock disables abilities of the card even in the graveyard.
- Yennefer: The ConjurerEvery turn, at the start of your turn, Damage all the Highest Enemies by 1. Revenge: Damage all the Highest Enemies by 2. – Remove 1 Strength from the Strongest Opposing non-Gold Unit, ties are resolved randomly.
- VesemirDeploy: Play a Bronze or Silver Alchemy card from your Deck. Shuffle the others back. – 6 Strength, LambertDeploy: Damage an Enemy by 5 and Damage up to 4 copies of it on its side by 4. – 5 Strength, EskelDeploy: Destroy a Bronze or Silver Enemy that is not Boosted. – 5 Strength
- Ciri: DashWhen this Unit enters the Graveyard, Strengthen it by 3 and shuffle it back into your Deck. – 8 Strength
Current Card: Mahakam DefenderDeploy: Gain Resilience.
Current Card: AglaisDeploy: You may Resurrect a Bronze or Silver Special card from your opponent's Graveyard. – Also Removed Relentless
Current Card: AssassinationDamage Enemies by 8 and then 8.
- Crone: BrewessDeploy: Play all other Crones from your Deck. – 7 Strength, Crone: WhispessDeploy: Play all other Crones from your Deck. – 6 Strength, Crone: WeavessDeploy: Play all other Crones from your Deck. – 6 Strength
Current Card: BotchlingDeploy: Boost all Lubberkins in your Hand and Deck by 6. Deathwish: Play a Lubberkin from your Deck., LubberkinDeploy: Boost all Botchlings in your Hand and Deck by 6. Deathwish: Play a Botchling from your Deck.
Current Card: DijkstraDeploy: Play the top 2 cards from your Deck.
Current Card: Kaedweni Siege Expert
Current Card: Restoration